SWISS THROWDOWN INDIVIDUAL EDITION 2021
Naming conventions in this document:
QUALIFIER: the QUALIFIER competition period
FINALS: the finals of STD Individual Edition, held at October 15-16-17 2021
THE EVENT: the complete competition, including QUALIFIER and finals
ATHLETES: the ATHLETES competing in the QUALIFIER or the finals
COMPETITION CORNER: the platform at www.competitioncorner.net that is used by STD for sign up and scoring.
1. The Swiss Throwdown
- STD is not a sanctional CrossFit event. STD has nothing to do with CrossFit HQ.
- The QUALIFIER for the finals is held from JULI 2th 2021 until Juli 18th 2021 10PM CEST.
- The Finals are held at October 15-16-17-2021
2. GENERAL RULES, TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- By participating in any stage of STD, the ATHLETE agrees to all rules and policies pursued by the organization of STD. The ATHLETE accepts all the risks associated, or could reasonably be associated with a sport event. For each specific case, the policy conducts by STD Organization is always determined by decisions made by STD Organization.
- The ATHLETE accepts that these decisions are final and binding in all respects. To clarify the rules that apply before, during and after STD, the rulebook is established and are compulsory for every ATHLETE, participating in STD finals.
- All times, deadlines etc mentioned in our communications are in Central European (Summer) Time.
- Under no circumstances will STD be responsible or liable for any damages or losses of any kind, including injuries. All ATHLETES compete at their own risk.
3. PARTICIPATION REQUIREMENTS
- Participation in STD is only allowed if the ATHLETE has never been at the finals of an (inter)national fitness tournament, individual or as a team, in the top division. Competitions include but are not limited to: The CrossFit Lowlands Throwdown, Tiglon Series, The Amsterdam Throwdown, The Battle of Amsterdam, The Beach Throwdown, The German Throwdown, The Belgium Throwdown, Battle of the North.
- Anyone that is able to perform the Qualifier Workouts as prescribed in their category and has not joined a major event as in 3.1, may attempt to register to compete as an ATHLETE in STD. Such registration is subject to each prospective ATHLETE’s agreement to all STD’s policies, rules and regulations.
- ATHLETES that have been to the FINALS of STD before have to sign up in a higher division. ATHLETES are not allowed to join the same division multiple times.
- If an ATHLETE signs up in a division that is under their current abilities, the ORGANIZATION can reject the ATHLETE from the competition.
- ATHLETES under 18 must have explicit permission from their parents or guardians.
- All ATHLETES must compete in the QUALIFIER to advance to the FINALS.
- All ATHLETES must register online at COMPETITION CORNER. Upon registration, the ATHLETE agrees to all policies, rules and regulations, including processing of personal data.
- Registration of an ATHLETE is only valid if the registration and fee is paid in full before the deadline.
- ATHLETES can participate in the following categories:
- If an ATHLETE wants to change the category, the ATHLETE must contact TSTD by email firstname.lastname@example.org at least 24 hours before the QUALIFIER deadline.
5. REGISTRATION DETAILS
- Participation in THE EVENT is subject to payment of the registration fee. All payments are final. No refunds or transfers will be permitted, regardless of reason.
- Registration prices do not include costs from COMPETITION CORNER or currency conversion fees.
- Tickets for the EVENT are available only at COMPETITION CORNER. If COMPETITION CORNER doesn’t support your currency or payment method, please contact us via email@example.com
- Ticket price per ATHLETE for the QUALIFIER is CHF 20,-
6. MOVEMENT STANDARDS
- The rules relating to the movements for the QUALIFIER and FINALS are prescribed by STD. These prescriptions are binding and conclusive.
- STD will demonstrate the required movements and explain these to all ATHLETES via their website and Competition Corner.
- If an ATHLETE has a disability and therefore cannot perform or continue with a standard movement as prescribed by STD, the movement does not count as a repetition in the Workout (and will be considered as a ‘no rep’).
- Physical limitations in Range of Motion from prior physical defects or temporary or permanent injuries that are obvious and clearly definable by demonstration and are brought to the attention of the STD Head judge prior to the beginning of the competition may be granted an exception at STD sole discretion. (ATHLETES competing at the QUALIFIER must email firstname.lastname@example.org 24 hours before the registration deadline) These cases are very rare and will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
7. THE QUALIFIER
- Registration for the Qualifier closes Sunday July 18 th 2021 at 22:00 CET.
- Workouts will be released Thursday July 2th 2021
- Scores must be submitted before Sunday July 18th 2021 at 22:00 CET.
- Repeating the workouts is permitted, All workouts can be done on different days.
- ATHLETES are advised to perform all workouts with out a judge
- ATHLETES aiming to qualify for the finals have to submit a video of their workouts by entering their scores in COMEPTITION CORNER.
8. VIDEO SUMBISSION
- Videos will be viewed random by STD as part of the review process. If the video shows any faults, the team score may be penalized or rejected.
- A score adjustment occurs when an score needs to be modified based on miscounted reps, no reps, an invalid video, or a combination of all.
- There are four options for the requested videos:
1) Good video – the athlete achieves the prescribed movement standards during each repetition during the workout and the score entered is correct. The score will be accepted.
2) Reporting with a small penalty – the Athlete shows 1 to 4 “no reps” over the entire video of the workout. The no reps will be deducted from the score.
3.) Valid with a big penalty – the Athlete shows 5 to 8 “no reps” over the entire video. In this case, 15% of the final score will be deducted.
4.) Invalid – the Athlete cannot follow the prescribed workout according to the movement standards, a significant and unacceptable number of “no reps” repetitions or the video does not comply with the film regulations. The team’s score in this case will be rejected.
9. INVITATION PROCESS
- ATHLETES on the top of the leaderboard will receive an invitation for the FINALS.
- In case of a tie, the athlete with the lowest ranking on any of the QUALIFIER workouts will be invited.
- If an ATHLETE declines their invite or does not accept the invite within the deadline, the invite is cancelled. STD will invite the next ATHLETE from the QUALIFIER ranking in that division.
10. THE FINALS
- After qualifying for the final, the Athlete will receive an invitation to buy the ticket for the live event. The final ticket costs CHF 69.00 and includes a free T-Shirt, a name Plate and an Event-Patch.
- The scores at the FINALS will be registered by STD Judges. The Judges will determine the workout results but are entitled to change a result after irregularities.
- Photo or video material made by spectators or other participants does not have to be taken into account in case of a dispute and may be neglected by the judges
- In case of a dispute the judge is always right unless the head judge decides otherwise.
- It is not allowed to advertise without the prior consent of STD or engage in business activity in STD field.
- STD assumes no liability for lost clothing or other belongings of ATHLETES. This also applies to personal possessions which have been left in STD changing facilities.
- The ATHLETE has to follow the instructions given by STD Organization, or STD staff in STD uniform, or otherwise apparently belonging to STD Organization.
- STD has the right to disqualify an ATHLETE and/or pull him or her out of STD if the ATHLETE does not abide by the rules, or behaves in an unsportsmanlike or improper manner, or of it is considered necessary due to medical reasons. In such a case, the entire ATHETES will be taken out of the FINALS.
- ATHLETES are expected to not cause damage to the property of others and leave no waste.
- Any regulations not covered here will be displayed at STD final field and must be abided by.
- ATHLETES will be ranked after each workout.
- The best score will get 1 point, the second best 2 points etc.
- The ATHLETE with the lowest total number of points by the end of the day will be the winner.
- The prizes are provided by sponsors of STD.
- A prize must be returned to STD Organization by the ATHLETE when its results are revised, and it appears that an ATHLETE is no longer entitled to a prize.
- An ATHLETE cannot claim a refund in return of his prize/prizes. No fees or other costs are paid (back) to the winners.
12. CANCELLATION POLICY
- STD Organization may cancel the finals (hereinafter “Cancel”), or on the day of the finals withdraw (“Withdraw”) them. STD may Cancel or Withdraw STD if there are unforeseen circumstances and/or force majeure, which includes (but is not limited to) (expected) extreme weather conditions, computer virus, epidemic, bugs, worms, tampering, unauthorized intervention. It is unilaterally decided by STD what constitutes extreme weather or a force majeure. It is the responsibility of STD Organization to determine when the risk of accidents or dangerous situations are increased due to extreme weather conditions or force majeure. The decision of STD to Cancel or Withdraw STD in the event of such conditions is undisputable.
- In the case of a Withdraw or Cancel, costs incurred by the ATHLETE for participating in the finals, including the costs of the ticket are non-refundable.
13. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- All intellectual property rights and material made by the camera crew of STD (both photos and film material) is property of STD.
- Photographers or cameramen who do not belong to the camera crew of DTD and which have not received explicit permission from STD, shall not be permitted on the competition floor. STD is entitled to send these people away.
- ATHLETES taking part in the finals or located on the site of STD automatically agree to waive their portrait rights and other intellectual property rights for images of video created during STD.
- STD can revise this rulebook anytime. Changes to the rulebook will be communicated on our website www.swissthrowdown.ch
- In case where the rulebook, workout descriptions or other communications is unclear, STD always has the final word.